« Top 10 CD's of 2005 | Main | More Best Of 2005 Music Lists »

December 19, 2005

King Kong

You have to see this movie.

Spectacle (n.)

1. Something that can be seen or viewed, especially something of a remarkable or impressive nature.

2. A public performance or display, especially one on a large or lavish scale.

3. So freakin' awesome if you don't go see it, I won't talk to you because you don't know anything.

Posted by hypnobee at December 19, 2005 11:18 PM

Comments

Agreed. Best movie of '05.

Posted by: California Joe at December 20, 2005 12:06 AM

It's a movie with a big ape, how good could it be? I'm sure the acting was great.

Posted by: Anonymous Movie Star at December 20, 2005 8:22 AM

How can you possibly say that this is the best movie of 2005. It was not the best movie of 2005, it was the best action adventure movie of 2005. A movie needs acting talent in order to be the best movie of the year. This does not have that. Plus it lacks originality, which it does not have since it is a remake. God. Idiots.

Posted by: Queen Kiong at December 21, 2005 8:21 AM

As far as originality goes, you can say that any movie based on a book has no originality, and that would make a large number of excellent movies "lack originality". Even if you don't buy that, numerous best picture oscars have been awarded to remakes inlcuding Hamlet, Oliver and the Lord of the Rings to name a few.

And as far as acting talent goes, if movies like the Lion King can be called best picture with only voice actors, I don't know why King Kong can't be -- King Kong was a better "actor" than any character in the Lion King in my opinion.

And most importantly, I was expressing a personal opinion ... Although I will be sending death threats to the Academy to make sure they agree.

Posted by: California Joe at December 21, 2005 7:09 PM

So they have got to you too. It seems as soon as you move to California you must support their bad movies.

Posted by: Queen Kong at December 22, 2005 8:33 AM

That's it, I've heard enough. Now you're going as far as saying it's a bad movie. Something tells me you haven't even seen this movie.

Posted by: hypnobee at December 22, 2005 8:50 AM

I have not seen it, and I will never see it, so help me God.

Posted by: Queen Kong at December 22, 2005 9:27 AM