« Behold...Google Mars | Main | Desk Guard 6000 »

March 15, 2006

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta is out this week. It's the first movie from the Wachowski brothers since the matrix triolgy. I've been pretty pumped to see this movie for quite a while.

The movie V for Vendetta is based on the comic book of the same name from the late 80's written by Alan Moore. Although you won't find his name attached to any of the comics he's done that have been turned into movies. Check out these great articles detailing his falling out with Hollywood.

[NY Times Article]
[A for Alan pt.1]

Posted by hypnobee at March 15, 2006 1:17 PM

Comments

So you'll be adding this one to your worst movies list next week...

When is someone going to make an action movie that is not based on a comic book... is there any originality left in hollywood... The Shaggy F'ing Dog.. give me a break..

Posted by: dart at March 15, 2006 3:35 PM

I hope not, I haven't seen a good movie since King Kong. The Inside Man also coming out this week and that looks pretty decent but I'm afraid the title gives it away. I'd like to think I'm wrong but I don't want to give Hollywood that much credit.

There's a ton of untapped resources in the comic world that would make great movies. The problem is that they water them down to try to make them appeal to as many people as possible. Instead of making something really good that might not appeal to everyone.

There's plenty of originality out there. Just no ones willing to bank roll it. So we get a remake of Miami Vice (I'd like to know who the hell asked for that...if mullets come back in style because of that movie I'm going to live in a cave in a forest)

Posted by: hypnobee at March 15, 2006 3:56 PM

...and grow a mullet???

Posted by: dart at March 15, 2006 4:36 PM

I'd start out growing in a mullet but by the time it would be at a decent length it would probably be more like a skullet.

Posted by: hypnobee at March 15, 2006 4:43 PM

V for vendetta looks like it could be the next Batman movie in terms of quality.

Posted by: paul riso at March 16, 2006 11:22 AM

You're talking Batman Begins right? Because that was amazing. Second only to King Kong last year.

Posted by: hypnobee at March 16, 2006 11:36 AM

Yes, Batman Begins. Batman, and Batman Returns are also great movies but Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were two of the worst movies I have ever paid to see, other then Date Movie.

Posted by: paul riso at March 18, 2006 11:08 AM