« Delicious Investment Opportunity | Main | Peaches & Cream »

September 9, 2008

Make Your Own Fun

A Comic By Mike Bannon

[More Comics]

[ Technorati Tags: , , , , ]

Posted by hypnobee at September 9, 2008 6:00 AM

Comments

Boooooo! That is terrible. Not only confusing but also not funny. Mike, I was saying to myself the other day that you have been getting really god at this but you really took a step backwards with this one. Terrible. I feel dumber for having checked it out. Who do I contact for a refund?...I want the time I spent looking at this back!

Posted by: I Hate This at September 9, 2008 6:35 PM

and by god, I meant good. damned typo.

Posted by: I Hate This at September 9, 2008 6:37 PM

I thought it was cute and funny. Don't mind the rude person above.

Posted by: L. at September 9, 2008 9:11 PM

I'll ignore L. as he/she/it clearly has no perception of humour. I was being honest and tried to provide insight as to how I (who actually appreciates humour) perceived this particular cartoon. I did make a point of praising Mike's other works hopefully allowing him to understand what actually is funny and what isn't. See Mike? It is because of people like this who only praise and never critique that I rarely post anymore. I think your site has become too big and thus too full of people who don't know humour if it slaps them in the face. I likely will stop posting all together now because of this experience. How can you expect to grow if you are fed compliment after compliment without actually getting feedback?

Posted by: I Hate This - AKA: One Who Knows at September 9, 2008 9:33 PM

shut up Michele... yeah it sucked but this isnt a forum where you get to argue your points...

How I can tell if it sucks or not is if after I read it, I have to looked at the "Technorati Tags" to understand the joke... then it sucks.

Carry on Mike... and L. dont mind that jackass..

Posted by: dart at September 10, 2008 8:04 AM

Actully now that I read the tags again... I understand the Hypochondriac part of the joke, but what are people searching for Sharpie's going to get out of this???

Posted by: dart at September 10, 2008 8:09 AM

No, I got it right from the moment I read it. I usually don't need the tags to understand it. It just isn't very good. Hey, if feedback is not appreciated I will keep my opinions to yourself and let Mike continue to spew mediocrity. At no point did I ever deter him from making these, if anything I encouraged him. You are on your own Mike. I tried, but apparently everything you do is great. In that case, keep up the great work. I shall sign off at this point and leave the comments to the non-critics.

Posted by: I STILL Hate It at September 10, 2008 9:10 AM

I'll concede it's not my best work. Like many comics it starts out as what I think is a pretty good idea. Then it loses something in either the compression of the idea down to a single panel or my inability to convey the emotions I was trying to go for.

For this cartoon originally the cheetah on the left was full of disdain for the cheetah on the right who was supposed to be neurotic (neurotic is probably a better word than hypochondriac...but the word didn't come to me until later). The neurotic cheetah didn't quite come off neurotic enough so I changed the left cheetah to being surprised and added the sharpie.

Looking back I should of let the idea sit a little longer. It would also help if I could draw a half decent cat.

Oh well live and learn. On to the next comic.

Posted by: hypnobee at September 10, 2008 11:18 PM

As for people building me up with compliments there's an equal number bashing me. Most of the haters stick to stumbleupon so the comments don't directly hit the site but they seem to like to throw around the word retard quite a lot.

What can you do, it's the internet. Say what you want but if it turns into a flame war, I'll shut down the comments section.

I like to draw comics, if you enjoy them great if not oh well. I really don't have the time or energy to convince people that I'm not retarded.

Posted by: hypnobee at September 10, 2008 11:28 PM